Thursday 19 February 2009

MAA - the presentation

This went really well- Adam and me had to present this to the clients. I was really nervous going into it, but they seemed really nice!

Personally i'm not good talking to people in groups- I get so nervous! So we decided that Adam would be a good person to present...he can talk for England, and is a real confident speaker. I did present our website though!

overall it went really well I think,we also got asked some questions about logo- such as the type, about rotating it, some really amazing questions - by kit mainly- which made me really think, and I think these questions posed were really good and thought- provoking.

Overall I got the impression that they liked our presentation we( then and there) got some good feedback - like the fact they liked our logo and thought out presentation was proffesional. 
So i felt really confident and happy... and a few days later I found out that we got into the top 3, I was so happy, I emailed Martin( on holiday with the good news).

So in  about 1/2 weeks we find out who the winner is, and overall even if we don't win i believe we all have some strong portfolio work.


Working with Adam and Martin:
Having worked on D&AD with Martin I already knew that I could work very well with him already, however I hadn't worked with Adam before, I know him but working in a group is completely different, but I found him quite good to work with- he has a lot of good points to make, and is quite decisive which is good because sometimes both me and Martin together sometimes we found it quite hard to make decisions. 
It doesn't mean that Adam made all the decisions, but it means that Adam gave us something to think about and made us think more and come to a decision quicker.

We also had so much fun - when it came to putting the logo into powerpoint and it turning into the eggs, and when we had problems with the simplist if things, like aligning the text on the letterhead to be placed in the middle. It took us longer to do this than the website. I found that Adam had almost given up, sometimes you can just tell, where as me and Martin just laughed. You could also tell with Adam if for example we was working on the website, and choosing whether or not to have the map on the background, I thought that we should have the map, and even on the homepage to make it consistant, but Martin and Adam said that we shouldn't, we decided in the end to have the map on the background,, you could tell Martin was happy in the end with this decision, and even though Adam agreed, I think that you could tell he wasn't so happy.

This is what we showed for our presentation...............










No comments: