Sunday 1 March 2009

According to my mac its 5;28 in the morning

But I've been up since just before 5..I'm so restless and the only thing I can think about is work..well my portfolio or what I need to do today..and I've only had four hours of sleep.

So I've decided to release my restlessness with blogging..I;m maybe a bit slower at typing but I have to do this so that just maybe I can fall back asleep and have things..like this off my mind!


PORTFOLIO;

What I want in it;

MAA- include screenshots of website, logo(one page A3). Experiments and powerpoint template.
D&AD- poster.
GREETINGS CARDS- definatly.
WEBSITE-screenshots need to be done.
FIRST EVER PROJECT- really enjoyed this and even shows my style now.

This is all I have at the moment I'm just trying to think what else I believe is 'portfolio standard', was thinking maybe the first ever project- I really enjoyed it and it even represets my 'style now'.

But what else I'm concerned about the lack of stuff I have, and just what else I can put in there- maybe thats enough for now, and it will have more after- PAL, and of course my proffesional project.

CV
How to present and design- My ideal job would be in editorial design, but then I would also like to do some of my collage-graphic illustrations, but my main passion although may not sem it is editorial design. So i was thinking of making my CV into a double page spread ( no bigger than A3). I was thinking of making it different as I don't want no A4 bog standard rubbish that no one wil be interested in and doesn't make anyone want to look at it, or show what I want to do/ have an interest in/ show me as a person.

and I think the last thing I'm worrying about is..organising my week/ just tomorrow?

TOMORROW I NEED TO;

  • Got to uni
  • Print off PAL stuff to edit- which I would like to take an hour as theres a lot of stuff to do through.
  • Write my list of work to put into portfolio.
  • Meet Jonathan  and see what we have edited- a comparison to see what we really need in the end product.
  • Even calling Martin to tell him I want to see him tuesday for 2 hours tops so we can get the D&AD poster done is on my mind.
  • The PORTFOLIO-organising everything ready to send to print for tuesday- hoping I can get this by wednesday.
  • Paying for the portfolio.
Yeh.. I think this ..meeting with Anna - seems to ..dare I say it be my hinderance to be honest.
Maybe I can get to sleep now......



The day I wanted to do my list.. I managed to do all of it pretty much -except from buy my portfolio, which I will do tomorrow! I managed to plan my time really well, me and Martin said we would finish off the tags, print them and then tie it together, and then talk to Neil about the final piece tomorrow.

So things I need to do tomorrow are;

BUY THE PORTFOLIO
FINISH THE TAGS-hopefully done in the morning
JONATHAN DALY -look at the best British Editorial i said i would bring in, and also need to have some research on how to fold paper to make it more interactive.
PORTFOLIO- MAA things. Such as the website, the logo and the experiments.
-FIRST YEAR THINGS, the editorial illustration project.

BLOGGING- which I will mainly focus on in the evening, and also Anna's project- get my images I want to use sorted.


dAY TO DO THESE THINGS.... So much for doing this, I managed to pull my back in the early hours of the morning, and have been confined to my bed. So therefore I couldn't buy the portfolio, or present my MAA work. (so annoying)!

I guess the good thing is that I can spend the day writing on my blog, and almost end up finishing it, I managed to re-plan what I wanted t do.

So now I will be meeting Jonathan tomorrow- which had to be rescheduled due to his hand in tomorrow, and then monday I am going to meet Martin which does work out better, due to PPRD hand in.


No comments: