Saturday 20 December 2008

Wayne Hemingway

Well-known Graphic Designer Wayne Hemingway came to talk to a selected bunch of people, luckily I was one of them.

At first I found him quite boring I guess as he was saying that he was "in a rush" until he cracked a joke, said something and wanted it editing out, which caught my attention! 

He talked about a ideas for a housing project, as I guess this is quite important I found it important, but really as people have said a lot he put this in a clever way..."Piegeon holing yourself as just a Graphic Designer or a Fashion Designer", and that if you have a real passion for design then you shouldn't focus on one or the other but as a whole.
The next thing he came up with, and probably what he is more well-known for was 'Red Or Dead'. Starting up his own buisness by using what he had to then gain a buisness, a career. I thought this was a really good idea, as he started out from nothing and made his life out of something so small. Something that anyone could do. 

He said "Don't forget about what design looks like,but it was the least important part, until the end."
'Push your creative potential"
"Best designers bring own experience"

These comments however small really made me think! 

No comments: