Wednesday 14 January 2009

Code Confusion

























        





















Last night I was quite confident after Neil spoke to me yesterday about my website and thought I would be able to do the rest.We had a crit today before this I looked through website to help me with the next part, I looked on the handouts we had been given too- but it just made no sense to me, looking through all this codeing. I showed what I had, and explained what I would like the images to do.

The next thing I did was look more at codes, I sort of figured it out and tried different things, really just to see if I could figure it out. but as I said before the main thing is where the codes go I just get confused.

Neil helped me this afternoon, I guess if people explain it to me  then it just clicks- or it seems to. Neil said what I needed to do was to create a blank movie clip and then delete it, and name it holder. then what I needed to do was on the buttons(the images) I had to put some code on them to make the images go bigger in the holder:

on (press){
loadMovie(:images"/what the files called.jpg","holder");
}
///////////////////////////////

This means that wen I click on the button(the image) the file would upload into the holder. Which would make the image bigger.


I had to do this on each image/button.I did have a few problems with this as I didn't type in the code wrong. But after I sorted this it worked fine.

Neil said about the images being too big, and that's why it took forever for things to load up. So I had to change these in photoshop, this took me a while as I had to get it perfectly, as it had to fit between two things which I couldn't disturb.
The other Neil said as to look at my desktop, I have my greeting cards on it. He said what I should do is to make my page look like this and not minimalistic . To be honest I didn't really think I had a style, but I guess recently this has been my style so should use this.

No comments: