Thursday 15 January 2009

Major Confusion!

Yesterday I just got really confused, maybe cause I just had loads of layers everywhere and i just didn't know how where to put any of the codes. Neil asked me to do something with some code and I said I actually didn't get what it was doing, so he said just make it simple for myself,So he said what I should do is to make one layer called constant- which is where stuff goes that will be present for all pages throughout the website,one layer called content- which is where all the other stuff goes, and one called stop- which makes the each scene stop.

I got this all sorted, putting in my content, images, logo and buttons that i needed.

But then I came to the code, I had to ask again and got the stop, But then i tried to put the rest in, he said to put:

on (press( {
gotoAndStop( then the scene);
}

he said put this on the buttons, I thought he meant the layer where the buttons are, but it turned out I actually needed to click on the button then go Window>Actions and type in the code there. So I did this for each button.

I think the thing is i don't take in where the codes should be, I do take things in better when i'm shown how to do things and shown where things go, and when he went through this I got what I was actually trying to do and what the actual code meant.

One of the things on the brief was to know what we are talking about technical wise-so I wanted to get it, as this does interest me. But I found it quite easy when I got shown.






No comments: